If you are somewhere in the messy middle of book writing, this seven-week online course will help you march through the manuscript with the help of the Holy Spirit. Develop short, personal prayers to help you break through common writer stressors like fear, perfectionism, indecision, or time limitations. Learn from Loral, a professional writer, veteran book editor, and co-owner of Selah Press. She will teach you to: expand what’s excellent, mitigate the mediocre, evaluate and self-edit. Apply the strategies you learn just after you learn them with 45 minutes of independent writing time built in to every session.
Thursday evenings, January 24–March 5, 2020, 6–8 p.m.
Friday mornings, January 25–March 6, 2020, 9:30–11:30 a.m.
*Attendance is recommended for group interaction, but if you can’t attend in person, you can still work at your own pace using the recordings and notes, which will be emailed after each class.
Additional Course Material Includes:
- Piece the first draft puzzle together
- Retrofit a blueprint (outline) to the content you have if you didn’t create one when you begin; or if you did create one, refine it based on where you are now
- Put together a book proposal for publishing—even if you plan to self-publish, this tool equips you to make your book better
- Equip yourself to edit: strengthen verbs—booting “to be,” crystalize pronouns, shorten prepositional phrases, pass on passive voice, cut clichés and so much more.
- Experience what to it is like to work with an editor (see a sample or two)
- Learn the elements of captivating covers (Front and Back)
- Foster feedback—bringing in beta readers
- Slay sticky supplemental parts